TIP #1 - KEEP IT SIMPLE!
- Don't overthink it
- Keep the design clear and concise
- T-shirts are not textbooks... too many words might as well be no words at all
- Too many options leads to confusion and headaches :)
- The fewer the colors and locations of print = the lower the price = the greater the profit
TIP #2 - THINK ABOUT YOUR AUDIENCE
- You should LOVE the t-shirt you're selling.. but more importantly, others should LOVE it enough to buy it!
- Who would buy this shirt?
- Who are you WANTING to buy this shirt?
- Don't alienate potential customers with your design or shirt choice
- What type of people make up your audience? Teenagers and senior adults rarely wear the same thing :)
TIP #3 - PUT YOUR PERSONAL TOUCH IN THE DESIGN...SUBTLY
- We want your input, your style, your favorite colors, etc
- Don't overdo the personalization. Dates, locations, group names, even individual names can narrow down the potential buys very quickly!
TIP #4 - CHECK OUT CURRENT DESIGN TRENDS
- Start w/ our awesome Instagram (@fundthenations) but check out other clothing websites, what other people around you are wearing, etc.
- Think about the season... Are you heading into summer? Tank tops sure are nice... Heading into winter? think about adding a long sleeve or hoodie option!
- Bright colors are popular... AND so are neutral colors. Don't be afraid to try either!
TIP #5 - DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE A HIGHER QUALITY OF SHIRT
- Some brands (Comfort Colors, for instance) are more expensive than others, but they also potentially sell better based on your audience
- You can charge more for the more expensive brands & styles (v-necks, tanks, hoodies, etc) as well, because people understand it's unique
- Be wise about your choices, knowing that every audience is different